Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Library

Being the daughter of divorced parents, I spend time between cities. I happen to be in my dad's city right now, which is quite disappointing.

One of the disappointing things about this city is the local library.

Reasons why the Library in my dad's city is disappointing:
  1. The lighting is atrocious. It's too dim, but at the same time, too bright (if that makes any sense).
  2. The patrons give me dirty looks.
  3. The librarians are mean and intimidating. Librarians should not be mean and intimidating. They should be like Miss Frizzle (even though she's not a librarian).
  4. The book selection is awful. AWFUL. AWFUL!
  5. The atmosphere is just...meh. The place has bad vibes, honestly.
Books I Checked Out:
  1. The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
  2. The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
  3. The Way of the Sufi by Idries Shah
  4. The Little Book of String Theory by Steven Gubser
  5. Magnifico: The Brilliant Life and Violent Times of Lorenzo de'Medici by Miles J. Unger
  6. Women in the Classical World by Elaine Fantham et al.

Odd combination of books? Yes. But I can't wait to read them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Be respectful.