Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Rant on Evolution and Science in Islam

Note: This post (if you could call it a post, it's more like a collection of incoherent ramblings) is based off of my experiences with Muslims my age (14-15) in my area of the country (the Bible Belt). This is obviously not representative of the entire Ummah. 

I want to have a talk about evolution without some uneducated person telling me "Well, you can believe whatever you want, but you have your opinion and I have mine."

Sigh. 


I'm going to let Hank Green explain why I can't stand it when people deny objective facts and evolution and then we'll go from there.


You know what also irks me? When Muslims say they don't believe in evolution and act like science is something that we should be afraid of. This bugs me for a few reasons: 
  1. What Hank mentioned above
  2. Muslims have made so many contributions to science! It's so sad that so many Muslims deny science!
  3. The people who told me they don't believe in evolution all want to be doctors. Wut? O_o  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Be respectful.